DUI Defense Attorneys in Princeton
Defending Your Rights and Protecting Your Future
Being arrested for a DUI is an overwhelming experience. You are undoubtedly concerned about your future and worried about the impact this incident will have on your life now and in the years that follow. At The Wagner Law Firm, our DUI defense team in Princeton will provide the guidance and representation you need to protect your future. You should not assume that a DUI arrest means you will automatically be convicted. You can rely on our team to do everything possible to ensure you receive the best possible results for your situation.
Get started on defending your rights today and contact The Wagner Law Firm at (304) 461-6000 to set up a free case evaluation.
Penalties for a DUI in West Virginia
A DUI conviction can result in some pretty stiff penalties, especially if you have a prior conviction on your record or if your DUI resulted in an accident.
Here are some of the penalties you will face for a first-time DUI conviction:
- If you have a BAC level of .15% or more, you could receive up to 6 months in jail.
- If you have a BAC level of less than .15%, you will receive a fine between $100 and $500, in addition to court costs. If your BAC was greater than .15%, you will receive a fine between $100 and $1,000, in addition to court costs.
- If you refuse to take a test, your license will be revoked for a year. If you install an ignition interlock device, you will be eligible to drive after 45 days.
- You are required to have an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle for a minimum of 125 days.
- Your license will be revoked for 15 to 45 days if you have an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle. Otherwise, it will be revoked for 6 months.
Subsequent DUI offenses will carry steeper fines and longer jail sentences. Moreover, if you receive a third conviction, your license could be revoked for life.
Penalties for a DUI Resulting in Injuries
If you were driving while drunk, resulting in an accident and bodily injuries, the penalties you could face for a conviction are substantially more severe. You could face up to a year in jail, owe up to $1,000 in fines, and have your license revoked for two years. If the DUI-related accident resulted in someone’s death, you could face up to 10 years in prison and your license will be revoked for 10 years.
Reach Out to Our DUI Defense Team Today!
As you can see, the penalties for a DUI conviction can be life-altering. At The Wagner Law Firm, our Princeton DUI defense attorneys understand how much is at stake and will do everything possible to safeguard your future, so the effects of this terrible incident do not echo throughout the next several years of your life.
Take the first step toward overcoming these charges and contact us at (304) 461-6000 to arrange a free case review.